Hi, I'm Kostas.
My general interests are in real time programming: multi-threaded systems and low level development – like drivers and real time operating systems components. I'm working on critical software verification, test automation and modeling.
On other hand, I'm Raku and Ethereum enthusiast with a long Perl background.
Not a crypto holder, but a blockchain developer and researcher. Over 5 years on this way with experience in decentralized projects, DeFi applications and Ethereum related features like smart contracts, nodes and network setup, deployment and audit.
I'm maintaining and contributing a dozen of Raku modules. Previously I have taken part at Perl, Raku and FOSS related events and conferences.
- Software implementation of special IEC61131-3 data types at monitor library
- Handling exceptions using the monitor librarty
- Monitor Library for multi-threaded programs
- Implementation of controlled execution principle for real time applications
- Vulnerabilities reduction techniques in special real time software
- Source code generator for real-time systems
- FOSDEM2022 – Decentralized authentication
- Raku Conference 2021 – Multi-network Ethereum dApp in Raku
- Perl & Raku German Workshop 2021 – Pheix β-release
- FOSDEM2021 - Programming Digital Audio Server backend with Raku
- Perl Conference in a Cloud 2020 – Creating secure decentralized content management systems on Ethereum blockchain with Raku
- Perl & Raku German Workshop 2020 – Querying the Ethereum blockchain nodes with Raku
- Perl & Raku Swiss Workshop 2019 – Pheix: Perl6-based CMS with data storing on blockchain
Ethelia is Ethereum blockchain storage provider for different kinds of events.
Сonsider a network with functionally different nodes: IoT, programmable logic controllers (PLC), smart home systems, micro-services, standalone multi-threading or mobile applications. Every node runs own duty cycle with state changes and events emission.
In general non-critical state changes or usual events should not be logged, but once the node detects some anomaly or exceptional behavior, importance of logging increases exponentially.
The idea is to store tamper-proof and sensitive data on blockchain instead of regular database. Blockchain gives decentralization, security and resistance against data corruption or falsifying. Unfortunately, blockchain node does not manage direct data access — we need high level application or service to do that.
We need Ethelia 😇
As I would like to say – Pheix is the first web content management system in the world written in Raku language with data storing on Ethereum blockchain.
It's a hybrid CMS. On one hand, it bases on legacy CMS approach for page rendering, but on other – it's true REST-API engine for page content rendering – the case of headless CMS.
Pheix is under continuous development. Now it's at public beta release, pre-release Candidate is planned in Q3 2022.
Basically Ethelia uses Pheix as middle layer to access the data on Ethereum blockchain. Not as a service, but a framework. Technically Ethelia is a Pheix extension with business and service related logic in a set of independent modules. It uses Pheix features directly via object oriented model — methods and attributes.
Meanwhile Ethelia looks like a monolithic software now — in terms of run time dependencies — and cannot be used without pre-installed Pheix.
Pheix is a standalone headless backend – in perspective we can fully separate Ethelia away as a frontend and get much more decentralization. Actually there will be Ethereum nodes, backends linked to specific nodes and frontends linked to specific backends.
This is yet another «sharding» model for dApp layer.